Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Fashion
  • Travel

Thursday, December 31, 2015 New Years Eve 2015








Downtown, Manhattan

Last post of 2015.
I can not believe 2015 had come to an end. 

I can confidently say this year has been the best one so far for me. The second half of this year especially has drastically changed my life. I started a new role with the team at College Fashionista and was able to work on several amazing brand partnerships and projects (Dove, Boohoo, Old Navy, American Eagle etc.) and editorial features including MTV and Seventeen. I obtained a dream internship at Hearst with Redbook magazine this winter break. I met so many cool new faces, reconnected old friendships, or got closer with people who I met back in high school but didn't expect to be close with. I collaborated with several talents in NYC via social media including photographers ( @digitial.dre, @thestreetsensei and many more), videographers, and blogger babe (@JannelTherese) who I luckily now consider all of them friends. I'm constantly inspired by these people I meet who share the same interests but spark different ideas and aesthetics.

I also turned 21 this year. As a person, I've been a lot happier, determined, and ambitious. I won't settle for "just okay" and always making sure I'm working towards brand new opportunities every day. I never considered myself slight bit of an "inspiration" but having the few friends/peers that told me they admire my achievements or how I'm happily chasing the dream really made me feel deeply humbled. Ever since I decided what I wanted to do, I always knew I was going to be my own biggest supporter. I started off with nothing, no one in my family knew or cared much about fashion journalism, people who put me down and told me fashion industry isn't an ideal career choice, or journalism is dead, etc, passive aggressiveness, I heard them all. I always believed in if I don't do what I love to do, I'll be lying to myself and wasting time. Someone will see how passionate YOU are and opportunities will come. I'm the happiest I've ever been this year.

To conclude this post, I just want to say I feel super blessed and thankful for the amazing opportunities that have come to me. Forever humbled. I hope 2016 will be much more amazing because I'll be finishing my Bachelor's and graduating in the spring. Let's always hope and achieve for the better. Dream chasers never stop.

Wearing: First outfit - Blumarine dress, Asos faux fur, Nasty Gal earrings.
 Second outfit- Asos dress, Zara heels.

Photos by: Andre @digital.dre & Kim @thestreetsensei 

In partner with Jannel Therese, @ JannelTherese.com


Fionna said...

awwww super happy to hear that 2015 was so awesome for you. i'm sure 2016 will be just as good or even better! i think it's great you're pursuing what you want to do and that you've got an ideal internships with Hearst! happy to hear you're doing well.

happy new year love!

www.fionnac.com

Brenda Evans said...

glamorous looks! love the dresses

http://breepluse.blogspot.co.id/
@evansbrenda