Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Fashion
  • Travel

Sunday, October 25, 2015 35mm Part II / Personal Updates








By film photographer: @mennaismail

Wearing: Topshop tank, American Apparel shorts & socks

Astoria, NY

Read more for personal updates:


Hey guys, just wanted to share more photos from my shoots with Menna last month. A lot has been going on lately, and I finally have time to sit down and update the blog a little bit with some personal touches.

The stress has been hitting me real hard this semester at school. It is senior year, however. I'm taking major courses in video production and editing, graphic design, magazine writing, media myth and images and acting improv as elective. I'm learning new sets of skills that'll, no doubt help me tremendously in the future. A lot of time is dedicated into the weekly hands-on projects in school, outside of school, on top of articles and papers. I don't want to dig in too much in what I'm doing because everyone has a hectic schedule as college seniors, I know for sure.

This semester, I'm also luckily a social media style guru for College Fashionista after a year of writing for the website, which has been a huge blessing for me. I'm so grateful for the wonderful opportunities that have come to me in the short period of two months at the position. So a lot of photo shoots, brand campaigns, events and discussions have been going on, and I absolutely love doing them.

I've also attained a new job. But like every college part-time retail, you know the deets.

I've always wanted to do my best in every aspect of school, internship and work. It feels like I'm en route of becoming a girl boss. What I've learned so far is that I don't give myself enough credits for what I'm handling and always want to achieve more, because there are tons of people out there that are doing twice more things at once. 

This week, I had a nervous breakdown. I cried under the immense pressure and I felt like it was hard to take a breather. 

I had people question, why are you so stressed out? Don't you just write stuff and take photos? 

I never want to stress out the details of my life to people, because I know some of them are just in the same position if not worse. 

I love what I do, I'm so grateful to have figured out the dream at an earlier age so I'm working hard to achieve.

But sometimes, I just have to give myself a break, drink some tea, and work on this blog. This is a huge part of my career as well, and I really want to dedicate better and timely content to it. 

I promise.

xx
Lucy.