Pages

  • Home
  • About
  • Fashion
  • Travel

Thursday, April 9, 2015 Miami 2015


My mom and I went on a short vacation to Miami, Florida during the first few days of my spring break. It was my first time visiting the beautiful, tropical city and the South. We booked just a week ahead so it was very spontaneous! I am so glad that I was able to travel to somewhere two spring breaks in a row (Last year's Chicago diary). It went by so fast and I really had a fantastic time. 
























The first place we stopped by was the Vizcaya Musuem & Gardens. This place was on top of the lists of things to do on tripadvisor / other travel guides. I was really amazed by both the museum and gardens. Inside the museum you have two-three floors of Italian style bedrooms and interior design, then there's the spiral stairway to other secret rooms. Photography wasn't allowed inside the museum so I couldn't capture any on my camera. The outdoor garden has a view to the water and an old yacht. There's palm trees everywhere & romantic doors and passage ways. 

We left to go eat at Garcia Seafood Grille & Fishmarket. I yelp everywhere I go but I was kind of hesitant about this place because usually in NYC I rarely settle for a 3 1/2 stars on Yelp. I'm glad I gave it a try because the food was fantastic! The outdoor seating was next to a dock of personal ships and boats.  We had the conch appetizer, grilled grouper & grilled shrimp with sides of yellow rice and others. We loved our first experience with Cuban food.

The next day we spent most of our time around South Beach, Miami. We actually had trouble finding the bus 150 that gets there because the station is in the airport and let me tell you, Miami Airport is hugeee and you have to take the Airtrain to get around different stations. I couldn't find fresh coconuts but I was still pretty excited because the beach is so different from New York's dirty beaches of course. Had to wear my floral maxi and it kept me cool and vacation appropriate.

We ate seafood again at Cj's Crab Shack. We didn't order crabs though! The fried grouper with fries was the better dish out of the two we ordered.

Onto the hotel we stayed at... I really enjoyed the service and amenities. We had two restaurants and a full size Starbucks inside the hotel & a medium sized outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. I was so relaxed swimming! 

Not going to lie, I'm still having vacation withdrawals especially looking at the photos. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this diary!! xo